26.2 C
Lagos
Wednesday, June 12, 2024

EPL: Reports Suggest Todd Boehly Facing Removal as Chelsea Chairman

According to Mail Sport, an extraordinary agreement between Chelsea's American co-owners will see Todd Boehly removed as chairman in 2027.

- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -

Mail Sport Reports Todd Boehly’s Removal as Chelsea Chairman in 2027

According to Mail Sport, an extraordinary agreement between Chelsea’s American co-owners will see Todd Boehly removed as chairman in 2027.

The agreement allows for the chairmanship to be passed between the co-owners every five years, with the first opportunity arising at the end of the 2026/2027 season.

Despite holding a minority stake, Boehly is reported to have “gone first” under the terms of the group’s takeover. Clearlake Capital, managed by fellow owners Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano, holds a 61.5% share in the club’s holding company, while Boehly shares the remaining 38.5% with Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter.

Related News

The decision regarding the first chairman is believed to be connected to the terms of the 2022 sale agreement, which stipulates that Boehly’s group would be responsible for covering any initial losses in the event of a realization or sale.

- Advertisement -
Editor's Choice: Top Song
Editor's Choice: Top Video
LATEST NEWS
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply